IAR and COVID-19
During this time of public health emergency, IAR will be actively reviewing our rescue activities and the needs of the community in order to respond most appropriately as the COVID-19 pandemic evolves. We remain committed to serving the homeless animals in the triangle area, while ensuring compliance with government mandates and public health recommendations. As of March 17, 2020, IAR is operating with the following modifications to our usual services and activities:
- IAR cats will temporarily not be housed at Petco stores.
- All adoption events are cancelled until further notice.
- The IAR office is closed to visitors until further notice.
- We will continue to take adoption applications but anticipate some delays with the usual adoption process, as the logistics of each potential adoption will need to be considered on a case-by-case basis in order to maintain social distancing for our foster parents, volunteers, and adopters.
- We will continue to accept animals into our program, again on a case-by-case basis and with potential delays given the need to adjust intake procedures in order to comply with expert recommendations and operate within our modified activities listed above.
As of May 14, 2020:
- Feral Cat Spay/Neuter clinics will resume on a small scale with all participants required to wear masks and maintain appropriate physical distancing.
Here at IAR, our hearts are with the people and animals of our community. Thank you for your understanding and continued support during this trying time. Again, we will continue to monitor the evolving situation and will adapt as necessary and as we are able in order to meet the needs of the community in a responsible manner.